Vacancies at BRØD
Brød Danish Bakery & Coffee Shop opened to the public in November 2015 and is located the heart of one of Cardiff’s most popular residential areas (Canton/Pontcanna). Since opening, we’ve established a reputation as a distinctive, high quality business; we were awarded the Best New Business title in the Cardiff Life Awards 2016 and Best Café/Coffee Shop in the 2017 awards. We are currently looking to recruit to our small, dedicated - and very friendly - team.
- Front of House Manager
- Part time Baristas (July - September)
1. Front of House Manager
We are currently looking to appoint a Front of House Manager to cover a period of maternity. The post holder will lead our small team of front of house staff and ensure the smooth running of the public facing side of our award-winning business.
• 40 hours per week (includes weekend work)
• Salary £16,000 - £16,500 p.a.
- To organise and lead staff under your control, including preparation and distribution of weekly rotas
- To assign tasks as required for the efficient operation of the business
- To identify and/or deliver (where appropriate) training needs for front-of-house staff (including barista and customer service training)
- To assist in the recruitment of new members of staff, including the vetting of potential candidates.
- To help establish and maintain consistently high standards of customer service at all times.
- To maintain efficient control of stock and to ensure the timely ordering of replacement stock/ produce (including, but not limited to coffee, tea, soft drinks and packaging)
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene is all aspects of the cafe operation
- To maintain accurate records, including food hygiene records and fridge temperature records.
- Maintain health and safety standards of staff under control.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your role within the business.
If you have a passion for good customer service, relevant experience and would be interested in joining our team, please send us a covering letter or email to introduce yourself along with a copy of your CV to jobs[at]thedanishbakery.co.uk. You can also drop it in in person to Betina or Simona at Brød. You can also use the same email address if you have any questions about the role.
2. Part time Baristas (June - September)
We currently have a vacancy for part time baristas during the summer period (June - September 2017). If you have relevant experience and would be interested in joining our team, please send us an letter or email to introduce yourself along with a copy of your CV to jobs[at]thedanishbakery.co.uk. You can also drop it in in person to Simona at Brød.